- Daily Fantasy Baseball Top Plays of the Day | Ryan Braun looks like a Bounty strong play todayPosted 34 days ago
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Top Plays of the Day | Padres and Mariners to dominate the east coastPosted 41 days ago
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Top Plays of the Day | That’s called a winning streak…it has happened before!Posted 42 days ago
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Top Plays of the Day | May 6, 2013Posted 43 days ago
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Recap and Preview | May 4, 2013Posted 45 days ago
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Recap and Preview | May 5, 2013Posted 46 days ago
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Top Plays of the Day | May 2, 2013Posted 47 days ago
- PGA Tour: Wells Fargo Championship PreviewPosted 48 days ago
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Top Plays of the Day | April 30, 2013Posted 49 days ago
- NFL Draft and Fantasy Football Review | Tavon Austin vs. DeAndre HopkinsPosted 52 days ago
MLB Best Bets of the Day: July 22, 2012
- Updated: July 22, 2012
After a less than stellar day yesterday we hope to put that pain behind us and move on. We have some decent pitchers going today, and some, well, terrible ones… Jeremy Guthrie will be making his Kansas City Royals debut; Jordan Lyles will be looking to improve upon his 6.81 road ERA; Lance Lynn is going for his 12th win; Philip Humber and the White Sox will be looking to regain the division lead.
Houston at Arizona 4:10 PM Lyles vs Collmenter
As mentioned, Jordan Lyles doesn’t perform well on the road and luckily for the Diamondbacks, they’ll be facing the righty and the putrid Astros offense at home today. Arizona hitters haven’t faced Lyles much, but when they have they’re hitting .524 with an OPS of 1.190 – Not a great sample size, but a little is better than nothing.
Look for Justin Upton, Gerardo Parra and Miguel Montero to have some run-producing at bats today.
Picks: Diamondbacks -1 ½ (Even) and Over 9 (-120)
Chicago Cubs at St. Louis 2:15 PM Wood vs Lynn
Since giving up five earned runs or more in three consecutive starts in June Lance Lynn has been dominant. Lynn is sporting a 0.69 ERA and 0.92 WHIP in July and has recorded 17 strikeouts in just 13 IP. Furthermore, current Cubs are hitting just .227 against the 25-year-old red bird.
If those numbers don’t get you excited about taking the Cardinals, take a look at these numbers – .429, 15, 2, and 4 – Those are the team average, hits, home runs, and RBI versus Travis Wood in just 35 at bats. The southpaw for the Cubs has pitched poorly of late, and he allowed eight earned runs to the Marlins the last time he took the mound.
Pick: Cardinals -1 ½ (Even)
Minnesota at Kansas City 2:10 PM Deduno vs Guthrie
Ladies and gentlemen, this is going to be a barnburner! A 29-year-old pitcher with two career starts and an ERA at 5.59 going against a pitcher who has an even higher ERA (6.35) leads me to believe that this one is going to be crazy and crazy early. Over the last seven days these two teams are averaging a combined 10.7 runs per game. On top of that, current Twins are hitting .288 against Guthrie and the red hot Joe Mauer leads the team with a .556 average and two home runs.
Use Joe Mauer in your daily fantasy baseball games and if you’re feeling really lucky, go ahead and parlay the Twins and the over.
Pick: Over 10 ½ (-110)
BONUS PICK: Rays -1 ½ (+105)
See below for all the day’s lines.